12.13.2007
No More Tail
We saw Dr. Powar again yesterday for my first official OB appointment. We started in his office, answering questions about my family health history, how I've been feeling lately and diagnostic test options for us to consider. He said my blood work came back perfect - no issues with my iron or thyroid so that is good. From there we headed into the exam room with a quick stop for my first weigh in. The baseline came in at 130 pounds so the goal is to gain 3-4 pounds a month for a total of 25-35 pounds between now and the middle of July. After they determined that my blood pressure was fine Chad got to witness his first papsmear - uggg! Next came the ultrasound to check on Baby Iken. I was a little worried because I've really been feeling great and the nausea and sleepiness almost seem to have disappeared. Besides being ultra thirsty and almost never peeing, everything seemed too normal. Luckily, the ultrasound showed a growing, healthy baby with a heartbeat of around 170 beats per minute (average is 150 to 180). He was laying on his back so we got to see the outline of his head, arms and legs - no more tail thank God! He had grown from 7mm to over 20mm in length since our last appointment and Dr. Powar moved his due date up a day to July 19th. He sent me off with a reminder to eat well, drink lots of water and make sure I'm getting enough calcium, then made another appointment for one month later - January 9th. At this point I am almost nine weeks so figure we can start to tell people in another month or so. Chad hasn't told any one yet and is very eager, so hopefully we'll get the go ahead after our next appointment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment