11.27.2007

HCG Levels Are Rising

Yesterday I got a call from Vickie at Dr. Powar's office, who confirmed that my HCG level rose significantly - from 6,000 on Wednesday to 19,000 on Monday. This is great news as it is yet another sign that the pregnancy is progressing normally. I go for another ultrasound tomorrow to see if Baby Iken has a heartbeat, which he should by now - week six. Apparently seeing the heartbeat decreases the rate of miscarriage from 15-20% all the way down to 1% so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

As for me, the nausea only really lasted for two days and I've had no real stomach issues since then, other than maybe a tiny bit of nausea the last two mornings. I have been SUPER thirsty with mild headaches off and on, so I imagine those might be related.

Still haven't told anyone at work or my brother, so will probably try to wait til the end of the first trimester (January 2008) to tell our little secret.

No comments: