11.28.2007

Baby Iken Has A Heart!!!

We heard Baby Iken's heartbeat today during our second visit to Dr. Powar. First we saw the heartbeat which was just a tiny movement on the screen, but the real surprise came when we got to hear his little heartbeat - thump thump, thump thump. Then Dr. Powar measured the embryo to determine his due date, where he estimated that I am 6 weeks and 4 days along with a due date of July 20, 2008.

Dr. Powar asked how I was feeling so I explained that I am just a tiny bit nauseous but not tired at all. He gave a little chuckle and said that it is still very early and I'll probably be wishing I could say the same thing during my next visit in two weeks. Then he sent me to the lab for a full blood workup to test my thyroid, etc. He said I could come back in one week if I want to just check in on the baby again, but otherwise I didn't need to come back until my first official OB visit in two weeks.

I know it's early in the process and I've only seen the doctor twice, but so far I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Powar. Today I got called so quick I didn't even have a chance to sit down in the waiting room. Twenty minutes later I had met with the doctor, had an ultrasound and six vials of blood drawn - now that is efficient - something you rarely see in a doctors office. I want to give Diana Hickey a big hug for the awesome referral, but I can't tell anyone for another 5 weeks.

No comments: