4.08.2008

Glucose Challenge

Today I went in for my glucose test at 9am after fasting since last night. They gave me a little plastic bottle of harmless looking clear fluid, but boy was it deceiving! It really tasted awful - so sweet, especially so early in the morning. After finally finishing it in about ten minutes the lab informed me I was supposed to finish it in 5 minutes - oops, wish they had told me that in the beginning. Thankfully they decided it would be okay and would draw my blood in an hour anyway. They told me I couldn't drink water or walk around as I was supposed to remain fairly still so my body could process the sugar. That's when a crazy man walked into the lab smelling like he smoked an entire carton of cigarettes right right before he arrived. At this point I wasn't sure what was worse - the terrible, nauseating liquid that I had to drink or his stench. That's when me and another pregnant woman decided to go outside for fresh air - ahhhh... much better. Although Mommy wasn't a big fan of the whole experience I think Baby Iken loved it - he sure turned into a wild one after all that sugar.

Otherwise I am feeling good. About a week ago I started noticing this bad cramp in my lower right abdomen whenever I walk more than a block or two. When it happens I can push on the area to relieve a bit of the pain, but what seems to work best is when I lean down and fold my body in half. When I straighten out again it disappears, for a while anyway. I did some internet research and it seems to be a fairly common problem so I'm not too concerned, although I'll probably mention it to Dr. Powar at my next visit. My mom thinks it's Baby Iken's way of telling Mommy to get back on the couch.

I ordered the crib bedding and it arrived today so now we're ready to get the crib. My dad installed a L shaped rod in the nursery closet so Baby Iken can hang his clothes right next to Daddy's. I already hung a few of his tiny outfits, sorted by size of course.

I am now in my 25th week and Thursday is the 100 day mark till my due date. Hard to believe that we get to meet our son in another few months.

No comments: