5.10.2008

10 Weeks To Go

Today is the beginning of my 30th week which means I only have another 10 to go - 75% of the way there! For some reason 10 weeks seems very close so the fear of delivery is starting to set in. Probably doesn't help that I watch one Baby Story after another and witness how difficult, long, painful and unpredictable labor can be. I try not to get too worked up because for all I know I'll need a c-section or he will just pop right out - wishful thinking I know!

Last weekend Ang, Marnell, Dee and I spent a couple days at the Sonoma Mission Inn where we relaxed by the pool drinking virgin margaritas and getting massages. Ang & I got pregnancy massages where they used special foam pillows to position the belly/boobs and avoid massaging the stomach and ankles - apparently there are pressure points on the ankles that can stimulate contractions. The spa was awesome with a special 98 degree pool that is safe for pregnant women, although it was like pure torture watching Dee & Marnell go in the hot tub, steam room and sauna. After our treatments we lounged outside by their three spa pools, drinking cucumber infused water and snacking on fresh fruit and almonds. It was a perfect getaway for anyone, but particularly relaxing for a mom to be.

Earlier this week Chad and I went on a tour of the Kindercare Daycare located less than a mile from our house. We were quite impressed by the newish facility, friendliness, fun activities, cleanliness and schedule that the children abide by. They have a room for infants where Baby Iken would be until he starts to walk when he would move to the toddler room, then the 2 year old room, 3 year old room and so on. We arrived during naptime so got to witness the older kids sleeping. It was cute to see the 2 year olds passed out on their cots (every one of them was in deep sleep) and the 3 year olds pretending to sleep but anxiously awaiting their next adventure. The infant room has a crib for every child, a dresser for extra clothes, a diaper caddy for the parents to refill with their own supply, a refrigerator for the expressed milk and lots of fun toys that get sterilized after every use. We are planning to look at a few more options but happy to have already found one that is so close to our house with little to no wait list - some have wait lists with 500+ kids that take over 12 months to get into!

Yesterday was one of the first days where I could see how uncomfortable this whole pregnancy thing can get. In particular I feel swelling in my legs which seems to get remarkably worse if I don't drink water like a fish and exercise during the day. I'm also feeling a lot of pressure if I don't have perfect posture, so it looks like I'll be standing tall for the next 70 days.

We are heading out to look at yet another car today. The VW Tiguan is a new, smaller version of the Touareg that just started arriving at the dealers. I hope to love it so my next post can be about Baby Iken's new ride.

No comments: