My third, and final trimester started this week which means the honeymoon period is over! I've been warned that the next 12 weeks are full of backaches, heartburn, swelling and varicose veins, but so far I consider myself lucky. Besides the fact that I am running to the bathroom more often and the baby's foot seems to like my ribcage, I am feeling great. We have been trying to walk 20+ miles per week which I hope will help ward off some of the more common pregnancy ailments... we shall see. Although I can't tell the position of his body, I know that the right side of my body gets 90% of the activity so I imagine those are his legs.
No Braxton Hicks contractions yet, which I think is neither good or bad at this stage. I'm sure they'll come soon enough. I am now doing my best to sleep on my left side but realizing that it is just short of impossible for me to stay in one position all night.
My belly is definitely growing but still not huge. I'm just starting to get to the point where strangers are getting the confidence to ask when I'm due rather than just giving me weird glances with a confused look on their face.
Chad thinks I'm crazy but I'm already getting my hospital bag together... just in case Baby Iken decides to make an early appearance. I'm realizing that some women pack up half their house (just short of bringing their own bed!) but I am hoping to keep it simple - socks, toothbrush, camera, cell phone, robe, etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment