Today was our last ultrasound before we get to see the real thing. Chad came and so did my mom so she got her first glance of her grandson. Dr. Powar started by confirming that Baby Iken was heads down and in the perfect position to make his exit in less than 8 short weeks. My placenta moved up so placenta previa was no longer a concern - good news! Dr. Powar measured the baby's head which was a bit big (about a week ahead of schedule) and his stomach and legs which both measured a few days larger than average. Dr. Powar estimated that Baby Iken currently weighs about 4 pounds, 11 ounces, which is about half a pound larger than BabyCenter says he should be. If he continues at this pace Dr. Powar thinks he'll be about 8 pounds, 8 ounces by his due date. I'm excited to have a big, healthy baby, but a bit nervous how his big head is going to make his way out naturally. We got a few good close ups of his face and apparently Baby Iken got his mommy's big lips. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that we got a very clear view of his privates and there is no doubt that we're having a BOY! Dr. Powar continued to check his umbilical cord and blood flow - both of which were completely normal.
Last night I was eating ice cream when all of a sudden I crunched on something very hard and pulled out part of a tooth - yikes! One of my molars cracked (on ice cream - weird I know) so now I am missing part of a tooth. I asked Dr. Powar if I should get it fixed and he said that any dental work is discouraged during pregnancy so to try to hold off if it's not painful or too bothersome. Thus far it doesn't hurt at all so I guess I'll try to wait it out.
I asked Dr. Powar if I was going to have my thyroid and iron checked again and he said that they don't usually fluctuate at this stage of pregnancy so he would hold off until after I deliver. I'm still feeling fine so no reason to get stuck with a needle if I don't have to.
We've been running a bunch of errands to prepare for his arrival including ordering blinds for his room and picking up a lifetime supply of wipes at Costco. We moved everything out of the nursery so it's ready for the crib, which won't arrive for yet another month. Even though we spent most of our three day weekend shopping for a car, I'm afraid to say that I am still driving my two door Civic. I don't want to sound hormonal, but I am now willing to buy just about any car in my price range - all I am looking for now is a relatively intelligent and reasonable sales team, which Chad keeps telling me does not exist. I sure hope I can find something soon!
Baby Iken continues to be extremely active even though the baby books say he should start calming down since he is becoming cramped in his home. He seems to be awake almost all day but then he sleeps good at night so hopefully that is a pattern that will continue once he arrives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment