Since the last post we finished up and officially graduated from our childbirth classes. The last two classes were taught by a different instructor and all I can say is that I want my money back!!! The classes are designed for someone who hasn't opened a book, searched the internet or talked to anyone since they found out they were pregnant. Seriously though, the classes covered the basics and I guess I was hoping for something I didn't already know. Rather than complaining about the nine hours and $350 that I wasted, I guess I should be happy that I met some other moms with similar due dates and I found another job I could do if this whole legal marketing thing doesn't work out.
Speaking of work, yesterday was my last day for the next 4+ months. It was very weird to turn everything over to someone else and say goodbye to something that has been such a big focus in my life for over 8 years. As Angela says, I am not leaving the job - just moving on to my "new job", the most important job I will ever do. I will definitely miss everyone, especially after they threw me two very nice showers, one in each office - San Francisco and Palo Alto. After eating cake and hearing about everyone else's delivery stories I got to open a few fantastic gifts. The San Francisco office gave me a whole new wardrobe for him, primarily from The Gap and Kidiniki. Lets just say that Baby Iken is going to be the best dressed little man out there! The Palo Alto office showed their creative side with a handmade quilt to match his nursery and a beautiful handmade hooter hider, along with books, a Babies R Us gift card, etc. Overall they made it hard to leave, but hopefully I will remember these good times when I have to go back in November.
On Tuesday I saw Dr. Powar where I got my first vaginal exam - lucky me! The doc said the baby was low but there had been no changes to my cervix, neither of which really indicate how soon I will go into labor. I told Dr. Powar about the sharp pains I've been having "down there" and he said it is a result of the baby's head pressing against my nerve endings so it sounds like it'll probably only get worse as he gets lower and bigger. Other than that I am still feeling pretty good, although definitely itchier than ever before. My blood pressure has been "steady like a tree" according to the nurse and I am still quite comfortable doing most everything - except putting on my socks and shoes of course. I thought I was supposed to get tired in the third trimester but instead I have had more energy than ever. Chad on the other hand has been very sleepy, feels fat and goes to the bathroom a lot - but that's nothing new! From here on out I see the doctor every week so next Tuesday is the big day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment