Today was the big day that we finally got the sign off from Dr. Powar to start telling people about our little miracle. I told a few of my colleagues and Stefano, and Chad finally got to tell his mom and Scott. He wasn't able to reach his brother so will try him again tomorrow. I finally got to thank Diana Hickey for her amazing doctor recommendation and she gave me all sorts of interesting tidbits about Dr. Powar and the hospital that I'll deliver at. Most importantly, she said I might have to have a roommate at Stanford hospital since they are tight on space. I suppose I won't mind too much as long as they're cool and don't snore too loud. That also means that Chad can't sleep at the hospital with me - I think he's secretly happy about that part. The good part about Stanford hospital is that it's specialized and prepared to deal with high risk pregnancies and difficult deliveries so I'll be in the right place in the awful event that something does go wrong.
We were super excited to see Baby Iken again today - Chad even wore his favorite tie so Baby Iken would think Daddy was a good dresser. Unfortunately when we arrived we were sadly informed that we don't get to see him every time but at least we got to hear his heartbeat, which sounded perfectly normal. Other than that our visit was short and sweet - I got weighed, checked my blood pressure, got to feel my own uterus and peed in a cup. Next month I'll have a blood test to check for a number of possible genetic abnormalities and then 2-3 weeks later we'll have another ultrasound to hopefully see if Baby Iken is a beautiful baby boy or sweet little girl. I suppose I won't be buying any pink or blue until then.
I already feel like I have a bump and even Chad was shocked when he caught a glimpse of my belly last night. The pregnancy calendar says to be prepared to start wearing maternity clothes in another week or two so I better start shopping!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm starting to think I like Rylee better than Keira.... I may have to change my vote.
Post a Comment