1.30.2008

What Happened To My Immune System?

I've always had a stellar immune system but apparently pregnancy changes that - unfortunately I found out the hard way. As soon as we got back from Maui I started getting a cold, which is not fun but I can deal with. Then Saturday night I ended up with the worst stomach flu I have ever had. So bad in fact that I had Chad call Dr. Powar at 4am to see if I should head to the hospital for an IV. Sleepy but responsive Powar told us to come in if it lasted more than 12 hours, but luckily everything seemed to seize just before then. The next day I chugged gatorade and stuck to the BRAT diet and everything seems fine now. That's how I learned that pregnancy lowers your immunity so guess I better stock up on kleenex and gatorade for the future.

Other than that I am doing well. The belly is growing slowly but surely. This week I'm really starting to notice the tight pants so I need to get to the mall ASAP! I've told a bunch more people at work and the response is almost always the same - an automatic glance down to the belly to see how big it is. :-) Chad is still keeping the news quiet and says he isn't quite convinced that there is a baby in my stomach. Can't say I blame him cause I don't always believe it either. Guess we'll both feel better when we feel the baby kick and see the belly expand to an unbelievable size.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good thing Dr. Powar is a good sport... I don't know what I would do if somebody called me at 4a.m.
Hope you stay feeling better. Keep the little one healthy.