1.07.2008

Start Spreading The News

Yesterday we met my mom and Jerald for lunch at Celia's and told Jerald the big news. Jerald is always talking about how he has dreams of me with an infant with black hair so I mentioned that he might be on to something, then went on to tell him that we'll be having that baby in July. Jerald was super excited and gave us both big hugs, then proceeded to make fun of Chad's "swimmers" - a typical occurance when the two of them get together.

We made our first visit to Babies R' Us this weekend which was quite an experience. Chad was shocked by the number of very pregnant women in the store and told me I was getting an early start compared to the others. I think I found a stroller/car seat that I like - it's a Chicco travel system in navy blue with orange trim. Apparently the car seat got amazing safety ratings so that makes Chad happy. I wasn't thrilled with their cribs or bedding so will probably go to a specialty store for those.

We got a couple more baby name votes today - one from my brother and one from my colleague Martha. I'm really excited about this ballot and enjoy seeing what other people think, although I must admit that I'm glad people cannot write their own ideas - I prefer limiting the options! :-)

Two more days until we get to see Baby Iken again and then we can start to share the news with everyone - Chad's family, our colleagues, our friends, etc. I think my mom and Chad are the most excited about this as both of them have been super quiet up until now.

I've been feeling excellent lately. Other than my continuing coffee aversion I feel totally normal. The last couple weeks I've been falling asleep early on the couch and barely able to wake up enough to walk to bed, but now I'm back to my typical self. Better enjoy it cause I hear the fatigue will return in my third trimester.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that your feeding my neice/nephew Celias. It is pure brain food! haha