3.23.2008

Two Babies in the Iken House

As you can see, we're not the only ones in our house making a baby. This is our new roommate that unfortunately doesn't pay rent. She arrived about three weeks ago, for the second year in a row. We finally got to see the baby bird yesterday and it is getting big so I imagine they will be moving on sometime soon.

I am now in my 23rd week of pregnancy and Baby Iken is the size of a large mango. He is still kicking like crazy and seems to especially like when mommy eats sweets or sits down to relax. The other day he was pretty low-key so I started getting worried that I hadn't felt his kicks, but sure enough as soon as I got in a meeting he started kicking like crazy - very distracting but fun. My colleagues joked that his kicks were a way of saying "I'm bored - get me out of here!!!"

Last Sunday I was the DD for a wine tasting trip with a couple friends and then we went out to pizza afterwards. Tracy gave Baby Iken two cute outfits and he gave her a few "thank you" kicks in return.

I am continuing to work on my Babies R Us registry but having trouble picking out which stroller Baby Iken would like best. My first choice was a red Chicco set, then the orange Chicco and the latest is the red Peg Perego. I'm sure Baby Iken will be happy with whatever he ends up with - it's mommy that keeps upgrading! :-)

Today is Easter Sunday so we will be taking Baby Iken out for brunch with Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Ryan and (soon to be) Aunt Athena. We haven't seen my brother since Christmas so I'm sure he's excited to see my growing belly - see new photo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was very happy to see your growing belly, but I expected you to be much bigger. I guess I'm not familiar enough with the stages of pregnancy yet. :o) Athena was happy that she got to feel him kick. Nice to see you guys. Bruddah.