7.22.2009

12 Month Well Visit

Today was my 12 month well visit with nurse practitioner Janice (Dr. Oro is on vacation). They are remodeling the office so I had fun walking all around to check it out, up and down the hallway and into the nurses station to say hello. Then we got called to our room where I stripped down so they could get my stats - 22 pounds, 14 ounces and 31.5 inches long, in the 50th and 94th percentile respectively. Janice asked lots of questions about my sleep habits, what I am eating, whether I am brushing my teeth and taking fluoride, and my physical and language skills. I passed all her tests with flying colors - yeah! Janice said we could turn my carseat around now if we must, but they actually prefer that it be rear-facing for as long as possible. She said I could eat strawberries, eggs, honey, cows milk and all those other yummy foods I've been waiting for. Right before I left they held me down and did something to my leg that made me cry... a LOT! Apparently one of today's vaccines is super painful and can have a delayed side affect, giving me a fever and/or rash in 7 to 10 days from now. I am not looking forward to that part, but all in all I am a happy, healthy, growing boy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that's great news! Aunt Athena and I are very happy to hear that you are growing up healthy!!! I bet you're excited to eat all of that new food. Keep up the good work. ~ Uncle Ryan

Anonymous said...

Strongest 1 year old I've ever seen. Ask Mommy to make you a strawberry shortcake, with whipped cream and a big glass of cold milk. Now that's livin!
Love Ya
Grand-Daddy-O