2.04.2008

The Honeymoon Stage

They say the second trimester is the honeymoon stage as you're past all the nausea, exhaustion and fear of miscarriage of the first trimester, but not big enough for the uncomfortable, sleepless nights that lie ahead. Although not quite the same as laying on the beach in St. Lucia, I must agree that the second trimester is definitely better than the first! I am currently in my 16th week and they say Baby Iken is the size of an avocado.

I finally bought my pair of $175 Seven maternity jeans and like Angela described... they are amazing. My only worry is that I'll never go back to regular jeans even after the baby arrives because you can't beat the big comfy elastic band.

Uncle Brett spent the weekend with us and is super excited to meet the baby and welcome another Iken to the family. Chad finally broke the news to his Aunt Hillary and she is so excited that she "can't stand next to herself." His next phone call went to Grandma Iken who sounded like she was on the verge of tears when she told him that he "made her day" -- too cute. Steve's response was a bit different. He first told Chad that he "always looked like someone's dad" before expressing concern that he "hopes his kid doesn't have a wobbly head." Oh geez...

Yesterday we went to a Superbowl party at the Mullarkey's, where almost everyone there was either pregnant or had a kid, or both! Marnell's sister-in-law (Marty) is pregnant and rents her own heart monitor so she sent her husband home to get it so we could listen to my little guy's heartbeat. I laid on the bed in the guest room and searched and searched and searched and searched for Baby Iken's heartbeat, until we finally found it - talk about freaking me out!!! The room was full of spectators including Kevie, Marnell, Jerald, Ang and of course Chad.

No comments: