2.22.2008

It's a BOY!!!

Today's ultrasound clearly showed that we'll be having lots of blue in our house from here on out. Besides determining the sex, the whole ultrasound was very cool and amazing. We saw his arms, legs, feet, fingers, face, spine and the four chambers of his little beating heart. Dr. Powar measured his head (normal), his stomach (a little on the big side) and legs (very long according to the doc - "a basketball player"). All the combined dimensions indicated that my due date of July 19th is fairly accurate, but he may even arrive a few days earlier.

Dr. Powar briefly mentioned that my placenta was low and of course I got nervous. Then he said a low placenta is typical at this stage and it will most likely move up during the course of the pregnancy, but we will watch it just to make sure. My next appointment is in another month when I will get the lab forms for the glucose screening test - yuck!

After announcing our news to the world, I headed straight to the mall to get started on Baby Iken's wardrobe. I got a bunch of cute blue and green onesies, most of which have a cute slogan about being Mommy's Wake Up Call, Mommy's Little Monster, I (heart) Mommy, etc.

Of course I always imagined my life with three boys so I guess this is a good start, even though it goes against the prediction of the Chinese Gender Chart and the dreams I've been having. Chad is excited it's a boy because he already "knows boys" and will be able to teach him how to play sports and work the remote. Jerald has had many dreams about our baby and each time it has been a boy, so I guess he was on to something. Marnell, Kevin, my mom and my brother also were right on with the boy prediction. I know the Iken family is bummed since this will be their 7th boy in a row, with over 50 years since they've had a girl. Lucky for me they can only blame Chad for that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Corinne and Chad,
I'm so happy for you! Boys are the best!!
Mimi