2.14.2008

Pomegranate

It's my 17th week and apparently Baby Iken is the size of a small pomegranate. His weight has doubled in the past two weeks and fat begins to form and will continue to do so until birth. Baby Iken is becoming more flexible and can move his head, mouth, lips, arms, wrists, hands, legs, feet, and toes. He will start to hear sounds from the outside world and may even react to loud noises or rhythmic music.

I am still battling the remnants of this terrible cold but otherwise feel fine. I'm starting to look more "pregnant" than fat and people at work say they can see a tiny belly. I have a few pairs of regular pants that still fit (as long as I don't button them), but otherwise I've moved on to maternity pants. The good news is that I have three pairs of work pants that currently fit. The bad news is they are all black so my colleagues probably think I never change. Guess I should probably expand my wardrobe.

I've heard that the baby can start to feel my movements and touch while in the uterus so am encouraged to take some time each day to rub my belly. This is supposed to help comfort the baby and initiate the bonding process. I've felt two things that could have been kicks, but I really don't know yet. This usually becomes obvious between 18 to 20 weeks for first time moms so it could happen any day now...

Pink or blue... what do you think??? Only one week to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I definitely think it's a BABY BOY!!!!! Bruddah